Sunday, October 30, 2022

Two deer in the yard

 At the onset of dusk, my husband spotted a deer right in front of the window, we turned of the light and watched them. We can always see how they respond to any movement or sound from us, so we move slowly and quietly. But by the lifting their head with ears up, we know they are  already aware of us. They seemed to be eating the big rosehips from the white rose, and from the saskatoon berry and gooseberry bushes. They move very slow every move predictable. And in the dim light when they do not move you hardly see them. I predict they will go to the raspberry bushes which have lots of  big dried leaves. In previous years we have seen them there many times. Not today, maybe they leave that for another day.

As i am from an era of positive thinking, affirmations etc. I  often, when aware of discomfort (the weird comments here)  If i catch it in the moment, the feeling of it, I start off with acknowledging  my feelings, of discomfort this time. I do now   think the deer knew this :), as they arrive in perfect time, because after this acknowledgement, i will shift my focus to something i am grateful for. For me that is often the blue sky or birdsong or the way the light falls on some thing. At night i do love the soft embrace of  the dark.  But today as on que the deer appear.

For me living this close to nature, using the outhouse in the morning, our morning walks, our afternoon adventures. Always always instantly engulfs me with joy.





No comments: