Wednesday, October 26, 2022

health care

 On CBC Yukon, this morning they talked about the nurses shortage and the teacher shortage in the Territory. 

The only solution they talk about is how to recruit more.

To me, really? is that a solution? For all i know we have more nurses and more teachers per capita then in most places of the world.

What always comes to my mind is, are we still living in an era of slave drivers?

We need more nurses, f! the rest of Canada or world, we have more money so we can buy more...

My solution  is, let us live healthier, needing less care.

And have a lifestyle that promotes healing.

 And  live less long. In the Whitehorse Star  yesterday they wrote about going into a dementia boom.  I hope to die before dementia sets in. So i hope that at one point i can say with my family, let me go, do not put me on medication. What does common opinion say? blood thinners, prevent stroke which means you have more quality of life,  I always think how do they figure that? So yes one can still walk without aid, but now one will eventually get dementia.

The live less long is difficult i think, but  living healthier. Should be possible.

 a lifestyle that promotes healing, .

I am very blessed that that is possible to me,

My back is almost all good again. So i am off for our morning walk

Snow and quite cold, brrr so it is a bit of a.. thing, having to push ourselves a little harder, but as it is our routine for many years, the body/mind does help me, the body/mind wanting to go out . And it is actually Don this time who is putting his boots on first.

I find this habit thing always quite interesting, how we are so stuck in/ or helped by our habits.

 Shadhala! 'sunny mountain', hoping for a glimpse for you too.


No comments: