Sunday, October 23, 2022

Lower back pain

 Dear oh dear why am i beating up on myself these days? Going from one little thing to the next.

And having a hiking day again that  i do not want to cancel. 

I always preach, take care of your body, give it rest. But it is hard to do that. I won't take medication that is for sure. We do not have pills of any kind in the house for many many years. I found a little bottle of advil years ago, but as it was outdated in 2014 or something, i disposed of it.

While canoeing upstreaming i tried a new move to relieve my shoulders a bit and work more from the core, oops, not good, i felt it go.  Not doing that twist again i was good all day, but felt it in the morning. And now it is still sore3 days later.

Not bad though, sure i can hike,  but what is it telling me? loving my lower back left side I will now here ask; 'dear dear what are you telling me', thanking it ( as my yoga teacher taught me). The left so 'they' say my feminine side, the back  being support. What comes to me; "it is safe to stand straight up, my environment will support me when i choose to stand tall. But i can do it on my own, no worries."

Loving me. Looking after my back with loving care, keeping it warm , supporting it and not forcing it. I will let you know how i do today:)

 I will finish the writing of the  hike that day, on the previous post.

But one more thing, I wonder how that is for other people. I did not tell my partner about the slight sprain, i told her two days after. i did stop the move, but i did not  ask  if we could beach the canoe for a bit, and give it a rest right then and there.

I am learning to listen.







3 comments:

Art said...

alternate cold and heat. heat feels good and increase blood flow but also inflamation.

jozien said...

Thanks Art, I will jump in a cold lake, but have never been eager to apply ice to an owie. I will experiment with that for my varicose veins, my back is basically better.

MFH said...

I had to go from 19L jugs to 11L jugs. Afterward, my right side stopped hurting. It's called aging.