Wednesday, October 19, 2022

reading and listening

 and then  being able to say, i was wrong.

Do i do that?

That is on my mind this morning, everyday this week i listen to the news about a sexual abuse case at a local school. When the pope was here i listened to that.

I do not know Scott Shephard, but on the radio this morning he spoke clearly and kept saying: we made mistakes, we made mistakes on all levels, we all feel, etc I do not have the memory to recall his eexact words, but it was certainly 'we" and 'mistakes'.

Back when the pope was in Canada i listened for something like it, when our minister of education was on i listened for that.

For me it is very important to hear that.

I believe in awareness

Why is it so hard to say:. I did wrong. Are the people who do not, are not aware? I don't know

I do search my own self. Because ever so often i do have a wake up call. Like just yesterday  while cutting wood in our most beautiful forest, bucking up trees that have been blown over in the past few years, spruce still somewhat green, and old poplars, having been standing dead before they fell.


 In my husband it annoys me how he when i ask him a question  say yes when he does not know the answer. As my wood cutter ( a dear long-time lady friend) and i talk while sitting on a log servicing the saw. I realized I did the bloody same thing. I did not get what she was saying, and not to stop the conversation i said yes, only later realizing my mistake. How annoying!


And here now, haha I was wrong! i did not understand her fully but knew somewhere that the answer was no, yet i said yes.



No comments: