Sunday, June 29, 2008

Abundance

The Strawberries are ripe. The tiny little wild strawberries. Jane and I found them, on a hot spot.
Yesterday coming back on to the highway after a walk in the wind, they were a needed, delicious snack. I had not brought water or food, because I hadn't plan on going very far, but because of the wind I was a little dehydrated.

'Abundance', I call this posting, as there is always so many experiences to enjoy. Everywhere I step there's something to marvel about. As you know, I do sometimes have the urge to take the car, but then I just have to ask myself; what I desire that moment; and it is, That!
Marvelling, I could call it. And then I know again, that as by just looking up, there is something marvelous. The Peewee is quiet now and sits on its nest continiously. Marvelous, yes?

Abundance also revers to the strawberries, I know once the strawberry season starts, I could pick berries 24 hours a day, (daylight permitting) till the snow covers the ground. The sequence around here is: strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, saskatoon berries, black currents, blueberries, high bush cranberries and at the end low bush cranberries and crowberries. And all the other less abundant berries in between.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You've done a lovely job on your own! I've added it to my list of reads.

Cicero Sings said...

Just read your second comment ... I'll have to make sure I give Astragalus agrestis a sniff today if I can still find it! There are so many lovely scents around lately, I can't say as I noticed if this flower had one. But I like the idea of giving each flower a sniff ... just to see!!