Monday, November 9, 2020

yukon biking survey

 Ohh looking outside: suddenly snowing bigtime 

and I buzzing with somewhat too much energy,  yesterday lethargic, today this, I already did a ton of stuff.

But shovelling snow later on will be good for me, the physical exercise will  for me both combat lethargy and hyperness.

And i am over with Corrie, she is just a gossip. And i being aware that my thought now shifted away from gossip to 'there is something wrong with the world' and 'I  know how to fix it"

Oops and unsuccessfully, I am always trying to improve on myself. These days it is Not reacting to insanity but being still ( quiet) when confronted  with  Don complaining.  Maybe if you know, and the following will help me with what i really wanted to talk about  which was - using a bicycle to get around-. 

But maybe you know how hard it is to change a habit. For me it is like i start erring on the other side, becoming ignorant of real needs, and often after an attempt falling back into the same pattern as soon as the focus is gone.

Like in my meditation I try to watch my breath and  catch the moment where i am thinking again. For me at the moment is like this. I am watching my breath ( for say plus 20 years i did not understand this practice, so i can pad myself on the back  that i finally get it) So I am paying attention to me breathing in breathing out, and i try to catch when i revert to thinking. barely possible for me, most of the time during a 17 meditation i will catch my self around 5 times having drifted of in thought after the fact. But what i noticed this morning, is that yes watching my breath i will have beginning of thoughts that i can let float by and keep attention to my breath but still around 5 times I did get hooked, the thought floating by within keeping focus on my breath are like little down spirals in my awareness. Whereas being in thought I am gone from awareness, that is till because of sitting or something makes me realize i was lost in thought. 

But there is also something else, while focusing on my breath i can also fall into dream state, like having a dream image appear. I know i have this lots, but from now on i also would like to watch it happen so to speak

As you see meditation is never boring

Neither is biking, I do not have a fat tire bike, but my bikes are somewhat of a mountain bike, Actually i have 3 bikes , as i said in the survey. After i did the survey i realized that actually have 4 bikes. I have trampoline bike, a bike with out tire to be used on the trampoline, I have used it once, no it is not a miskoop ( what is the English word for that?) It was made by son, and left behind.

Anyway i would have liked to add that on the survey, that would sound cool right a 60 year old woman owning a tramp bike. 

note, I am am receiving a shoulder rub again :):):)

What i would try to explain here too is that my mind goes from gossip to saving the world, both really strange ways to have the ego at work

Because really how do we change other people into bike riders, and why?

And what makes me a rider? Did I get lucky in the genepool?

.....hmmmm I do want to encourage you though, if you are not already a bike rider, to have a bicycle, there are lots in the dump, fix it up, have it fixed up if you have the money. I do think it is good for Mother Nature if we more often grab that bike, and NOT to drive 100 miles to participate in an event...what is that?! Oops you maybe love these bike events so much, and maybe it does encourage you to do an errand on the bike instead of taking the car.

Be good! use your bicycle! 

And me now going to shovel some snow I will first scoop out the trail to the bike shed.

Essential to riding your bike is that you can get to it in the first place.




No comments: