Friday, November 6, 2020

one ordinairy day

 

Just a normal day  for us here.

I wake up around 8 am, to be honest  more like 8.30 am, it is late for me.

 But here in the Yukon we are on Yukon Standard Time,

 which to say the least is a little screwball,

 Like our midday falsl at 2 pm. And now i would be the first to say

 here in the Yukon it doesn’t matter because we do 

not have much daylight in the winter, and in summer 

well it is all daylight. But I am normally an early….... 

 

Whoaa whoaa wait a minute just as i am typing this 

there is the most beautiful sunset going on. 

The mountain in the South West, Kelvin mnt that is

 on the east side lined with a bar of golden light. 

And it is lasting , it is just sitting there. Now you

 might now that here up north sunrises and sunsets are

 drawn out events, gloroiusly so. And as this is all going 

on me rattling away on the keyboard, my husband is

 rattling away, and i keep saying i am typing i am not listening.

 It is something about our potatoes  in the cool room,  

Shit he says , you don’t care,  Yes yes i care, but i am typing 

We here me and the reader, i was actually telling you ,

 i am an early riser. But with this two hour midday point

 in winter i feel i am sleeping longer and longer, and 

normally i like to eat right at noon and then again at 6, 

but that has shifted too, i eat now at 1 or 2 and supper

 is far away. It is 5.30 here. Normally i would be cooking away.


So this as always is going to be a long story, 

Only being at the time when  I only just got up.  

 Lets say it was 9 am when I have done my dream

 journal meditation and was sipping coffee. 

It was snowing again. Lots of snow this year.

 I did some  light shoveling and later on that morning

 a neighbour brought back the big shovel she borrowed. 

Just in time.


Oh my husband is talking again , to me, “Awe fuck men”,

 yes that is how he talks. He is not used to me typing away,

 but heck it is nanowrimo, one month a year i do do this.


Later this month i will do a post on the art of shovelling snow,

 but for now we move along.


I made bast porridge,  it was good, yes yes i will like this 

addition of spruce bast to my diet.


 I forgot what else i did that morning, but in the afternoon 

we got ready to haul water at the creek, Stony Creek. 

Yesterday Don had noticed that the road towards the creek

 was plowed, which means we can get to the creek. 

And we did, and  I will keep you posted on a bridge someone build.

 I am predicting the bridge will fail and be pushed out by the

 ice and block off the culvert underneath the highway, thanks 

a lot Geaton! OOps now it is out there on the Internet, but 

 he build the bridge or so i heard.

Anyway till now the bridge has proven very helpful

 to haul water, I clean off the bridge, with a big axe,

 make the waterhole bigger and Don filled five 5 gallon jugs.


We stop at Mendenhall Landing, and the river is most 

beautiful the sound of ice hitting the rozen shoreline,

 the river freezing up, and i suddenly i heard the swans, 

Still 5 swans. I worry for them, the river will freeze up soon. 

Ad South seems too far to go.


I come home and want to put a photo on my desktop 

back ground, a recently bought refurbished computer. 

Somehow it is not working, i need a code…. My mood

 dropped like rock , I do not know nothing about computers, 

just enough to do this and that, but not like a millennium who 

understands them . I opened my email  to see if that is working,

 and Ole my life always a string of glory, an email from Jonathan 

at Tergar ( meditation) asking why we are so hardwired to be unhappy.

 Instantly I laugh at my upsetted self, and long story short, phoning Trinity ,

 it is all resolved in a wiffy, Hurray for Technology

No comments: