Friday, November 20, 2020

CO2 emissions

 Like Corrie I like listening to the radio, but when I write fiction, my characters are more clear then I am myself, like i listen to the radio, but most often only half,  I miss half of the story.

In Corrie her gossip is acceptable, because she is a character in a story, but in myself I try to at least become aware of it when I do it. This awareness is like listening to the radio playing in the back ground, background noise, So the awareness of being in the moment and knowing when I long to talk gossip, my ways are like the background noise, I am somewhat aware but unable to turn it off. And not really knowing if I just have a critical mind or do I just like to pick out the negative.

So this morning I heard something on the radio about CO2 emissions, you probably heard something too lately, it's news again. I took sides with the radio announcer, she asked  the expert something like , what do we have to do? The expert said, get ready for an increase in cost and for the government regulations.

To me the answer was a big joke like the one Corrie was laughing about in the last post.

Increase in cost won't be a problem, because earlier in the news it said that the rich (most of us) have an excess of money at the moment due to covid. 

And being ready for regulations? What the heck? To me we have to change our ways USE LESS CO2 which means, turning off the computer NOW, oops.

It is very hard to change and I think that might be why people do not like to talk about it. The radio announcer, good for her, she tried.

As everything today is relevant with Covid in mind, this is also, we do travel less. Amazingly

Yes travelling in most cases, causes CO2 emissions

But I invite you to think, what are you ( if you are in on this necessity, I assume not everybody is concerned) 

What are you doing LESS?

Less is more, maybe you have read my stories in the past about that.

Like now we travel less, we do have more time to go for a hike ( I have seen this with my own eyes, not having this many hikers this summer as anytime before).

And I? What will I do today?

.....see  i have to think very hard, stop typing now

Yes that would be one thing, turn the computer off, less computer time, I can stop now, but really I am not  willing at the moment to spend less time on it during the coarse of a day.

Today I will: turn off the lights this time of day, NOW, I did, I can type in the dark, somewhat harder for me..  And coming mornings I can do things that do not require the lights to be on, like listening to the radio, meditating, reserve these thing for the dark hours, and use the daylight for things that need light....

I will let you know how that goes.






No comments: