Wednesday, November 18, 2020

stepping into a different world

  Now at this moment, sipping rose petal tea. I just recently discovered how  I like to drink rose petal tea;  put a small handful of dried rose petals, and add hot water (Not! boiling) The rose petals will float and every sip you  smell and taste the summer smell of roses.

It's almost -30 C outside, i just checked.

The other day I was invited along to someone's house. It was stepping into what  I feel was the 70s, could be the 80s. The people, their clothes, the chairs, the colors in the house, mostly everything. The only modern world item was a laptop and tv screen.  The way a wrap-around ( the batik type thing) was used as table cloth. I think I remember doing that decades ago. ok. haha. well I still sometimes do it, but I consider myself a bit odd,  timeless. It certainly not something I had seen in someone else's house in that way. It is hard to describe the house, everything seemed to have been acquired at garage sales or the like, but many many years ago. Even the food served was reminiscent of  good old days.

The tea came in cups that only my mother would still have, the ones with flowers and a golden rim and what was offered was herbal or black.  

The choices of tea not so unusual, I always think it is just me that would like to see some greater creativity, more local, in choices of tea. A few of my friends will offer  hand picked spruce tips or wild chamomile, etc.

But what is  the moral of my story  here|: People can live that way, and very happily at it; with stuff that is totally good, useable and sturdy, stuff that might be 40 years old, older even.

I do not need to drink rose petal tea out of the latest Starbucks cup ( ha and as I am the last one to be up to date, maybe Starbucks is already old, maybe there is something newer to be had in the form of cups.) 

And now here I open my cupboard; no, i can't pride myself in still using left overs of  my grandmother's tea set. 

Please let me know if you do! Awesome!  is what I will say.





1 comment:

matina said...



i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com