Sunday, December 11, 2022

more dogs

 It seems that even people with dogs  on occasion have problems with the neighbour's dogs. The problem is always the neighbour's dog.  Oh dear, in me talking to people  telling my story, their own dogs are ALWAYS good dogs . And i somewhat agree!  the majority of them do have good dogs.   

It is a dog world out here.

Is it really? i ask my self, feeling spoiled now,  today i did not walk past the neighbour, it is a choice i have. 

Also all my walks, are 99% nature. ( no cars, no people, no noises other then the birds) Really how spoiled can one be?

 But i will give you an update  on my comings and goings on previous days, passing the dog, because i say i have a choice, but there is only one road, and that road goes past the neighbour, so most days  i do go by.

 I practiced meditation.  On friday, walking by, meditating on a awareness; no dog, but my mind! i realized there is a bit of wanting the dog to be there, so i can say, "ah bad dog, see i was right." I will work with those thoughts.

On saturday, i drove by,  practiced awareness again: now i felt disappointment that there was a dog, not the mean one though, but his buddy, yeah he has a buddy, this buddy imitates the bad dog. This dog is not so intimidating BUT he jumps out like a rocket, and chases cars. I beeb the horn loudly.

This morning sunday, we did hear the dog, barking his head off for other reasons then me walking by,  because we weren't walking by, we were not going that way anyway. Our neighbours are far enough away that we do not hear the dog bark when we are inside the house, well at night i do, but it is so distant. it does not bother me.

For a week i will practice meditation....

we'll see, i will let you know.

Hey and we all know, right? That pets in general add to our global footprint big time, dogs bigger then hamsters i suppose.

Why do people need dogs anyway!? is part of my attitude, i realize that, so this is a rhetorical question.







5 comments:

MFH said...

There was a saying that was heard around the stew pot, "Dig deep, White man, puppy on bottom."

Eileen T said...

It's good news that the dog hasn't bothered you this week and I hope that continues to be the case. I find that too many people expect you to accept their dog's behaviour which even if the dog is well trained can still be a nuisance.

jozien said...

MFH Did you make that up? I like it, does it mean, a privileged person, trying to figure something out.. ehh will end up with something that seems cute but is BIG responsibility?

Eileen yes indeed, and the smaller dog was there today (they never come down the driveway together), it was barking, not perceived dangerous just a nuisance for sure.
I practiced my being in the moment.

Bless said...

Hi Jozien, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad I've found your blog. Sounds like you've been bothered by a neighbor's dog, recently? I was once attacked by a neighbors dogs (there were two dogs) as I walked past their house - they had the gate open and the dogs were off leash. But, since then, they've made sure to keep their gate closed! The neighbors on either side of me have dogs, too. One neighbor's dog is very well behaved. The other neighbors' dogs (again, there are several dogs) tend to come into my yard and then they bark at me! They also mess up in my yard and the neighbors never clean up after their dogs which they are supposed to do. I just tolerate it because I don't want to antagonize the neighbors!
Hope you will be able to continue your walks, etc., without being bothered by your neighbor's dogs.

jozien said...

Thanks Bless, yes tolerance, i like that. My meditations seems to work that way, like in a light way, "oh there is that dog yet again, no big deal.". In our dog infested (oops:) neighbourhood it is maybe a miracle that for 25 years we never had persistent dog issues, like this.