Thursday, January 25, 2024

We all try our best

 We all do the best we can.  I am convinced of that and i have to remind myself of that when i see.... stupidity.

When i grew up you brought your own shopping bag, big leap forward, now these day here in town, one time use plastic groccery bags are banned. Many of the stores are selling us a sturdy groccery bag, the ones you can reuse, for us who forgot. I remember my friend Cristina saying these things are so bad! Now i see why. because now i am sure the groccery store is selling these sturdy bags, yes many people brng there own , many, but for it to make a difference in the amount of plastic that eventually ends up in the environment. i am sure that we need to do better.  Again i feel a bit deflated, as  it did not make an iota of difference. Like in the seventies when many were trying to not use batteries, we could not have imagined that batteries is now the future. to me that is still very weird. And the light bulb thing, another weird story. 

But please do not mind me encouraging you, that less is more. Don and i our power bill is still around 40 dollars, often we get a rebate for 50 dollars, because apparently power is so expensive. I can honestly tell you we live well  :) considering the circumstances. (the circumstance is that Don is needing care due to aging.)

Homecare came out today, and i went snowshoeing, while they were here. Did i say that i do find it oddly pleasant often this looking after my husband. And also when homecare comes and i shoot out of the door to go snowshoeing, i do find that 'weird'ly exhilirating. 

Supper is ready, toodeloo 


3 comments:

Bless said...

I'm sure there's more that we can all do to help protect the environment, but, ultimately, as long as people have options, they will do only as much or as little as they want to do or is convenient for them to do.

I'm glad you have the opportunity to go snowshoeing or spend a little time doing something fun while the homecare people tend to your husband. All caregivers need a little time to do something enjoyable to get a break from taking care of another person.

Live and Learn said...

I've never been snowshoeing before, but I'd like to try it. As Bless said, caregivers need a break. I'm glad you got one.

jozien said...

I can recommand snowshoeing :) It is easier then skiing. I snowshoe when the snow is too deep for walking, i like it because it gives me the freedom to get off the trails.