Thursday, January 18, 2024

Our little bit does help

 And to me it is huge.

When i bring up the subject of environmentalism, everybody seems to be in on it in their own what they often call little way. Some seem to feel anxious   maybe for  not doing more or  amybe because  of the uselesness of it all and some spring into action right away turning off the lights.

But  to me our little contributions are huge when you put them together. I am not going to look up numbers and put them here for you. But if i turn off one light bulb, ( ha! I just did, with finally the sun coming up, i do not need light to type.)  You probably all heard the story but i think it still stand, if others do it too, than eventually one diesel power generator in whithorse  can be turned of an hour earlier...lets just say, if that hour is mulplied by all cities in Canada.  etc etc.

So i try, i try to make better choices, and no i do not feel shame or anxiety that i do not learn to type blind.

which most of you probably can do and do not even need an extra light when making a blog post.

I try to be aware , at times, not to the point where it becomes overwhelming. This morning Don and I on our morning walk, yes that works for me, It is as much work to get him ready for a walk a it is to get him in the car, so when we go for a walk for us there is just not the time of day to go for a drive anymore. win win right?

And i was asking  here for ideas what i do in the afternoon to meet my own needs. The sun is shining and when my polar swim buddy does not phone, i will set a snowshoe trail to a little spring, i feel for the remainder of the winter, i might have to dip into the spring... it is tiny, but maybe no smaller then a bath tub.

photos photos you ask, i know. Yes i am frugal, but mostly i do not like shopping, so my computer will first need  to totally fail  ( not just the uploading of photos) before i  go get a new (refurbished) one, and up to that day i will rather spend  my energy to keep it working.

3 comments:

Live and Learn said...

I commend you for taking Don on walks often, even though it takes a lot of effort. I'm sure it means the world to him.

jozien said...

Thanks, yes it is his highlight of the day:) we look at animal track, listen to birds etc.
And taking him outside reminded me of habit forming, when one has made a new habit, not always easy, but ones one has of course it is not one little thing anymore, to take the example of going to the market for local food (as one of my friends commented vocally) it becomes much more then one head of letuce in one moment. so it all multiplies in various direction.

Bless said...

All our little actions do add up; especially if enough of us do them. Enjoy your morning walks with Don and your afternoon dips in the spring.