Wednesday, April 26, 2023

What a glorious day


 It started when i was busy deleting again. I came upon an old blogpost, and saw that in 2016 someone had asked to have copies of the photos i posted. I had never seen that request before, because yes for me blogger does not notify me when there is a comment (i can probably change the settings?)

Now the timing was perfect, I contacted the woman that requested the photos and now have cut out the pages concerning from a scrapbook, photos from her dad 1986. I will give them all to her. I love it!

In the afternoon we went to get water from Stony Creek, just 3 jugs, but it might be the last for a bit, in springtime there is a lot of run-off in the creek and the water gets murky, not too good for drinking. On the way back we stopped at Mendenhall Landing, and as a joke Don said shall we bet if the river is open, I tell you that man has a well developed sixth sense. I did not even take it serious. But sure enough the Takhini is open at the Landing. The glory was all the migratory birds. Often we watch the migratory water birds from a-far, open water often in the distance. But here the road  being right beside the river. We stayed for an hour or two, just looking at the spectacles taking place.


                                                                 July 1986 Taku River

2 comments:

Live and Learn said...

I'm sure that person was thrilled to get the pictures after all of these years. Glad it worked out.

Bless said...

It was very nice of you to share the photos.