Saturday, April 15, 2023

tree following

 The tree I started following last month, still appears to be in winter sleep. 

I think that is normal, May is really the month it will start showing any green. Normal is a big word these days. The  snow people here in the Yukon measure snow every month, they take measurement on the end of each month. Now they were saying for the end of the month of march this year 2023. snow depth was average. What ever that means. I think yesterday on the day i photographed my poplar ( trembling aspen). snow at that location is more then i have ever seen it for the middle of April!

I think it is  somewhat important to take measurements of things, but to take any conclusions is very sketchy. More important to me is that we always take care of Nature. Always make sure that what we do is kind in every possible  way.







3 comments:

Gardens at Waters East said...

I like your attitude that we always take care of nature. If we don't since we are part of nature, guess what - we won't be around either.

Bless said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that tree waking up from its winter sleep. They measure the depth of the snow pack on our mountains, here, in California, too. It's important for us because we depend on the snow melt for our water. This year, we had a lot of snow and the snow pack is well above average. On one hand, that is good news because it means we might have enough water during the summer and there won't be a drought. On the other hand, it is worrying news because all that snow melting might cause flooding, especially if it happens all at once!

Hollis said...

Almost missed your tree following post. Is that your tree growing up and around the erratic? I like trees that do that :)