Wednesday, March 8, 2023

the common cold

To go or not to go?

Yesterday i had a young visitor who clearly had a bad cold. Having worked with children most my life, i was like; no i am not concerned about his germs. I shared an orange with him and with children it does not happen like with adults, there is snot, there are fingers, there is back and forths haha hopefully you get the picture. I always feel in impromptu meetings like this ( and i could name other situations) loving is more important then teaching habits.

So if i get this cold, but feel otherwise good, do i go to yoga?

Do i ask the others?

I am not concerned about others germs, but want to be cautious to share mine, even when i think that to protect you that way is not beneficial for you, i still believe exposure makes our immune system stronger.


5 comments:

MFH said...

I was sick the whole two years I taught karate to elementary school children.

I quickly move away if someone sneezes in a store. I've not had a cold in years.

Many peoples' immune systems are compromised. You are irresponsible and socially inconsiderate if you go around others when you might be contagious. Don't let your narrow opinions be the source of misery for others.

Eileen T said...

I wouldn't go if I knew I had a cold. It's not fair to pass it on to other people. xx

Bless said...

I, personally, would not go if I had a cold because I wouldn't wish to spread the cold to anyone else and I would hope that others with colds would not expose me to their cold germs, either.

Hollis said...

hello jozien, are you going to join us in tree-following this month? The deadline is 7pm GMT on March 14 (Tuesday). I will put up a post about my junipers this weekend, or maybe Monday. email me if you want to join and I will reply with specifics

hope to "see" you :)

jozien said...

yes yes, i will find a tree this weekend! but i still do not know the internet part. Did i email you? my email is jozinamaria@gmai...