Sunday, March 19, 2023

letting go


https://www.flickr.com/photos/jozien/


Ha! I was able to delete 2 accounts so far. I am working on  the 3th, my flickr account. I just received a lovely email from their support team. I do have  to email something to prove that i am actually the owner of that account. 

So what i am saying, this deleting is a bit of work alright, but i am going steady.

I left you the link, because i think there are actually some nice photos on it, and it does pain me to delete the whole account, I   toss with the idea of leaving a handful of photos on it, just for my self for later. haha to me that is the big joke, somewhat of a sad one. Like my mom hanging on to her stuff, and now she gone,  it seems only one of her offspring did a take a real  interested in keeping her stuff. Yes many photobooks.

And yes my sister having gone to a family reunion last week, send me a lovely picture of  my grandparent, opa in a housecoat i still have, see one of my photos on my rose garden blog, i am swinging it by the river there in 2010.  I see now that i already deleted the picture she send me last week ( i am proud of myself, for getting the hang of it, this deleting) The photo she send me was my grandparents in their housecoats in  1961. Did  i write about this housecoat just recently, it is a heirloom i have from one of my grandmother's brothers who died in early adulthood.

Last month Tilly here, we exchanged more of this story and such stories of the past.

What i am trying to say, yes there is value in keeping some of our past, for our self and for future generations.

But how do we pick and choose? How do you pick and choose?



2 comments:

Bless said...

You have some lovely photos on your account that you linked. I'm not quite sure why you want to delete all your accounts, but, I suppose you have a reason. I find it very hard to let go of certain things. They remind me of people and places and special occasions. I keep them because they mean something special to me. But, I've told my daughter she can get rid of it all when the time comes. They have no special meaning to her, so, it will be easier for her to let go of them.

jozien said...

Bless i do it for Mother Nature, even miniscule as it is, it does take away from nature to have to store all that information. And i am sure my footprint on the Internet is way larger then most... not sure, but I find it too large. I will still have this blog to look at when i am 85 :)