Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Keeping our own responsibility

 Yes, yes, it is probably a good thing when our governments protect us. 

For sure i am very gratefull to live in such safety.

But like i have said before, maybe we  have gone overboard. More regulations. Were we already have laws.

A friend of mine, who has her own business, send me just such new regulation and asked me what i think.

There is nothing wrong with the new rule. As a matter of fact in all those 30 years she has her business, the event that the regulation is about has fortunuatly never yet occured. 

And when it would, which it could, i know her well enough she would take the right action.

And you might know  me by now, i do  also think of the negative consequence of every regulation, one more tree  has to be cut down for the paper work. even when on the computer. I do not think it is one tree  even. But for sure it is added to everyone's work load, and maybe just an hour . 

To me another hour wasted.

This regulation is about harrasment in the workplace. I am trying to think.

Do we not already know that harrasment is not accebtable!?

And is it not our responsibility if we find ourselve being involved as  bystander, victim or perpetrator , we need to act upon it?





 



3 comments:

MFH said...

Could you provide the wording of the law?

Or do you just like us to comment on how it is nice that you are supportive of your friend?

jozien said...

I don't even know if i was supportive to my friend, i am probably not.
Also i don't know what you are asking? On the Internet you can probably find laws surrounding harrasment. But that is not my point here. I think most people know that harrasment is not ok. (I am sorry if yet again my wording is never totally accurate, or most effective. I am just trying to point into certain direction)

MFH said...

Yes, yes, how does that Buddhist saying go? Something about pointing in the direction of the moon is not the moon?