Wednesday, November 9, 2022

New routes

 I fell in love again, with exploring  the wilderness close to home, stepping out of the door, and exploring a new part of the forest.  It happened over the last 3 days. Sunday: realizing again how easy bushwhacking is this time of year. ( frozen ground and no leaves on the trees) Monday: not liking a shaded route i took to visit a neighbour. Tuesday: finding a new route, a piece forest i actually never in those 30 years i live here, explored much.

I know i am very very blessed to live this way.

But it was a choice, yes?

That is always the trick question; do we have free choice, even when i am aware? or not ? I believe it is both, somehow not fit for my rational mind to understand.

Yesterday i spoke to someone, who  strongly believes that the body he was born with, is just that, that is why he has health problems now, ignoring all kind of healthy choices. When it come to other things he is quite smug that he made the right choices. What i need to learn in such instance is just  to listen; like ok, that is your reality....

To my husband when he complains i will say; that is wonderful.

Which is kind of cynical, i know that.

Any suggestions to be  a better listener  are welcome, it is my big struggle, if i have one. 

The beautiful moon out now, makes everything quite easy.

When i ste

On the radio, talking about research that people who get the flu shot every year ( i never did) have less rik of a stroke and hart disease, considerably so.  Now i am always keen to learn how to live healthier, so i listen. I find the end result, according to the speaker, NOT so subtle. The speaker does not even talk about this subtlety. It just goes on how the difference is not really the shot, but it is weather you get flus or not.

So the result of the study it sounds like could as easy have been, if you regularly get the flu your risks are greater.

I have had  the flu twice in my life. And now after the covid scare, i have been so diligent i haven't really gotten a good cold in the last years. 

smugness runs in the family i guess...oops when did i make that choice to be that way?


4 comments:

MFH said...

Ha-ha!!! This is wonderful!!

Most people are idiots...unable to think. And when they do, they decide "It's the weather." Dummkopfs!!

I try to only be around people worth listening to. Otherwise, I'd rather be alone.

I know what I think so I look for people who can tell me something I don't know, something that will give me insight and/or help me think differently. As soon as I realize someone knows less than I do, or, if they know more about something I'm not interested in, such as politics, I move on.

I'm alone much of the time. I like the quiet. It's much more pleasant than having soneone making noise with their opinions.

But hey, everyone has one, eh?

MFH said...

That's an interesting question about whether we have free choice.

It's fun to think so but that's a rational response. I like your idea that it's impossible to know. But then, there's the idea that when physicists WATCH the protons, they behave differently than when they don't watch. I'm not sure how they know if they're not watching. It sounds alot like cats.

jozien said...

I will correct my spelling and other errors tomorrow, i promise!

MFH said...

MUCH better! Congratulations!