Saturday, February 3, 2024

back away, record and report

 hmm, yes i agree but maybe we should add that as in the schoolyard... we should have a common understanding that bullying is not acceptable.

Yesterday i had a n interesting experience. I felt that i was drawn into an argument... do note that i always admit to the fact that i am a somewhat argumentive person. Not always knowing when it is a fair debate or when i just contradict what you say.

I backed off, and while working in the yard cleaning up branches from a fallen tree. a job i love. my mind kept going back to the email in which i felt, this is only going to be an argument. I had not emailed back right away. AIn the yard my mind also wanders to wars in the world. 

When backing away does the other person think  he was right in his/her statements? I wondered.

On the radio now, another such story, hockey Canada and charges being laid. 

As a people we have to establish that violence of any kind is not acceptable. yes?

Already this morning my story had a very happy ending.  Last night i did send an email, I backed away from the argument, but  kept the conversation going in a more desired direction. The response i got was  lovely, kind, glorious really Me here humbled and grateful for good friends who get it.

I will write my MP again, that at least Canada is not supporting retalliations.

I hold all my heart to see which bully in the world is backing away and  pray for both coming out  as loving after all.

Something like that.

peace to you all!


2 comments:

Live and Learn said...

It takes control when someone angers you to not immediately get into an argument. If there is something that needs to be resolved, then that usually happens better when done when the emotions are taken out of it. And if something is not that important, then it's not worth the emotional energy to argue about it. That's what I try to do, and most of the time, I'm successful, but not always.

I'm glad that you were able to resolve things with your email exchange.

Bless said...

I don't like to argue, so I tend to back off almost immediately. A cooling off period is often a very good thing, but we are conditioned to have a knee jerk reaction to retaliate, aren't we? I'm glad you were able to change the direction of the email exchange. :)