Thursday, February 23, 2023

predicament

 

I will keep this post short.

I did do four drawings this week.

Now where to keep them, that i can find them again?

3 of those  4 lichen are very common, hard to put a number to it as in how pounds per acre, maybe one pound each per acre in my woods. And hey we do not know their names for certain. 

But i wasn't going to write much. This afternoon i will try again to delete a few hundreds of emails.

I am ashamed to say that my presence on the Internet is too much.

A few years ago i was pointed out a server farm, i do not understand it all,  but if they put one such farm here in front of my house, no ounce of lichen be left.

And yes everything we post on the Internet has to be stored somewhere.

Happy deleting!

What do you keep and what  do you delete and when, do you have a system?


4 comments:

Gardens at Waters East said...

You internet problem about storage is a problem. I for one spend lots of time on the internet. News, nature and the garden blogs. All take lots of my day, however when Spring finally arrives -it will be gardening, gardening, and more gardening. So my time will be better spent!

Bless said...

Perhaps you can have a file or a folder for your drawings? Or, a binder?
Being on the computer does take a lot of my time, but, then, again, I'm retired and don't really have many pressing things to do. :) I usually delete emails, etc., after I've read them.

Art said...

I used to save everything on a local drive and back it up to an external drive. Then I started saving everything locally and backing it up to the cloud. Now I store everything in the cloud and backup up that content to two local drives...and my local PC is automatically backed up to the cloud. Overall I save too much and spend too much time on the internet. I appreciate yor drawings. One of my goals is to draw every day; I fail at that.

jozien said...

Thanks for you comments, yes, i have been deleting daily, sometimes with pain, but who do i keep it for? Gardens at Waters East, i hope that i will keep deleting when busier outside:) and Bless. I will after this put it in the binder that i do have and! make an index paper.
Art... it is people like you.. omg ahhhhh but i want to accept that we all have to do what we have to do. and yes for me too the drawing daily is hard to keep up somehow, This week i will use my sister as a crutch for good habits. Yes my sister is here, it's been 9 years she visited me! so no post this week for me.