Friday, January 21, 2022

Meat Loaf

 Lying here with you in a silver lining.

 Listening to Meat Loaf this morning, for me the 1977 recording, I crinch as i first come upon at 2009 recording. Thank you for supportig all those old stars till ..they die, i am just not one of them, I crinche when i hear their voices age 70 plus, I laugh over their looks,  their hair painted a silver grey. I doubt if Meat Loaf went to such measures though, he probably looked better then he did in 1977.

 Going back 1977, I remember  watching Top Pop. My memory; we watched this tv program with great  anticipation every monday evening. And,  still, again this morning, I dance. Feeling quite sick before  it actually perks me up quite a bit.

Why do i not like these old stars still singing into their 70-ish and on, am i afterall afraid of old age, not even that old yet. I recently having bouts of vertigo, making me very sick.  the worsed i ever experienced, wanting to die really when in them. I do not know afterall how people do it, have ailments.

But that is not at all what i wanted to talk about, Meat Loaf 's 1977 recording still makes me feel alive.

I remember,   

when i was barely seventeen

 The very moment, when they appeared on screen with their first hit, I remember the feeling that I knew it was going to be big, and it was. It still is.

Do you have that, you see or hear something and you just know it, know it is BIG?

R.I.P

Thank you for also being my Bat out of Hell, 

Two out of Three ain't Bad

2 comments:

Art said...

I had a few days of vertigo a year ago but found some exercises in the internet which cleared it up. A friend suffered for a year and then one day it was gone. Aging sucks. Meat Loaf was a remarkably talented guy but what really impressed me was his thoughtfulness as a human. Check out his interview by Dan Rather on YouTube.

jozien said...

Thanks Art! yes the epley maneuver.