Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Yukon Refillery

 It had only been 9 days. Nice that my blog keeps track of me, If there is one thing i like a bout being on the Internet, it tracks me :). I like to say that  I go to town once every ten days, not true. I even did drive in with a friend just a few days ago to go to the hot springs.

But i can try.

This time the main reason to go town was picking up some chairs, probably 50 year old chairs, no idea, but they are sturdy. A friend is moving away, and we bought her chairs. I have been  on the look out for chairs many years.  I was almost going to design the sunroom to be chairless. instead of having to warn people before they sit down, to be very gentle on the wobbly chair.

I picked up my new glasses, all paid for by Pharmacare. (We are spoiled here in the Yukon)

My husband and I did have a bowl of wonton soup; the business owner saying 2020 was a super hard year, but it is better now. There were no other customers. I am not much for tips, but we left a good tip. What do you do?

We did groceries, and yes I am  happy to say (if you read  my 9 days ago post) that we were able to check out with the same cashier. He was happy that this time all our reused bags had no old barcodes.

And! for our last stop, I carried glass jars in my purse. As i have no cellphone, and at home i had forgotten to look up the address. I figured the new Yukon Refillery would be in the Horwoods Mall,  I went in from the doors on first ave. And yes there it was! Lovely lovely, I was able to get unscented liquid laundry soap, unscented dish soap, a new bamboo toothbrush, that has tops that can be replaced. And thank  you Sabine ( blogger) I asked about toothpaste; and was able to fill one of my jars with ...pills. I use half a pill at the time, last night 1 whole one felt too much.

Also due to what Sabine wrote on her blog, i informed them that for me it is important if when they find a good product if they can stick with the same brand if  possible.


1 comment:

Gardens at Waters East said...

Seems like a good day for shopping for chairs etc.