Saturday, November 12, 2022

Finding my own voice

 Hopefully never too old for that.

This morning i first checked my inaturalist account. One could say that for years now that is really my main focus, identifying life, and as keeper of wild places,  life in the wild.

I am very excited about a new face on inaturalist yesterday and he was there today again. Someone who is obviously somewhat of an expert on Locoweed.  The fact that i am not on inaturalist right now, is partly because my task to figure out what he says about locoweed, yes we are all a little crazy out there, is huge.

And this morning in bed i did want to talk about, ones own voice, to speak out against all odds.

Like my new 'friend" on inaturalist, he is probably ruffling a few feathers, with his new information.

Yesterday i was in a social setting, meaning with people, doing a social thing. in a somewhat  of an indoor setting, where there is lots of room for talk. I am trying to figure out if that has anything to do with me being somewhat ignorant yesterday.

So yesterday i do realize I was only marginal aware.  As always for me in social settings, i find it hard to keep my awareness as i feel it now, to keep that when i am with others. I had a strong urge to speak my own mind, which i worry about, because it often contradicts what others say. Oh dear. Why can't i just experience things with out calling it  right or wrong, good or bad or anything, why do i have to name it.

Well i do know the answer to that, i find people in general do not have much critical thinking, and to me critical thinking is important. Do not ask me why  because people who go with the flow are probably much happier. And a big question, who am i to say that they do not have critical, actually the two friends i was with, i regard their wisdom highly! I do.

and so i go on and on getting myself into a knot.

I did have lucid dreams last night. Which i like a lot, and does not happen often.

hmmm i love to think these two lovely ladies i was with yesterday elevated my consciousness.

You now i think they did, they were hopefully not offended at all by my behavior, but realized how i struggle in social settings.

I am not making excuses!

I will figure it out, as i  also will honor all locoweeds by addressing them with their proper name.


10 comments:

MFH said...

You may want to look at a designation that has been gaining recognition over the years - HSP for: Highly sensitive person.

Recognition has resulted in a more DSM-acceptable title that I have yet to memorize.

Offering contradictory opinions can provide fuel for thought. You do your friends a disservice by with-holding the opportunity.

MFH said...

A locoweed, or HSP, are still the same no matter what name you use. It depends on who I with. If I'm with people who only know of Europe then I am German. If the people know of Germany then I'm Austrian. I'm the same, as is the plant, but now my audience knows a bit more about me. Is that important? Perhaps.

jozien said...

Thanks I did a HSP test just now on-line, i scored 10, 14 would qualify me to be HSP.
And yes about the locoweed. I like that. Still just because you are you and never someone else, i would hate it if i kept calling you George.
And maybe here we all differ, to me to know now that you have an Austrian background...not German, not that it matters to me, you are who you are, but it is.... I forgive you because yes i grew up in Europe and you did not.

MFH said...

I have one name. Locoweed has several: moonflower & jimson weed are two commonly used in the Southwest.

Depending on who I'm talking with I might use any one of the three.

My name is Mike or Michael, not George. Most people recognize similarities, but don't rant about the differences. From the way you described the fellow on iNaturalist, he sounds like one of the few who rants. Or, perhaps I misunderstood what you wrote.

MFH said...

but it is....what?

Art said...

So many blogs have gone quiet with people moving to the evil Facebook. I appreciate your posts.

jozien said...

Thanks Art, yes i refuse to find a more modern platform.

and Mike you did get wrong, i am very happy with the new fellow!
and Locoweed is a genus compared to you being Homo sapiens. sorry i realize when i am talking botany i maybe should have called it: Oxytropis (common name locoweed).

MFH said...

Once in a great while I've suffered from self-consciouseness.

It occurred when I, knowing my own judgementalism, anticipated a vituperative reaction similar to one *I* have when *I'm* contradicted.

Now my curiosity about what other people think over-rides my concern. I think of it as a game, like a cat teasing its prey. "What will they do if I say this?!" Try it next time. It can be great fun. Yuh gotta be ready to run...and be okay with having very few friends. But the ones you DO have. Ah! They are THE BEST!!

MFH said...

One more for the road...

Wrong, wrong wrong! It's either right or WRONG. Where does this dialectical perspective stem from? The damn Greeks, that's where. The BIG question is WHY?

Now take the Hopi. They see everything holistically in a way incomprehensible to white people. But have we even TRIED to consider writing like them? Well, a few people have, but it doesn't lend itself to writing. That's why you need to have videos. No one reads anymore. And if they do, they unvariably get it WRING!

'Tis to laugh.😽😽😽

jozien said...

yes yes it is hard for me to get away from a dialectical perspective. I very happy to try in my next post, haha i fear it impossible, but it is what i am looking for since the covid-craze.