Sunday, January 8, 2023

critical thinking

 Yes  i agree ( to comments below my last post.) That there is a place and time for critical thinking, and as i emailed the leader of my meditation group. she wrote back that some of the group  expressed that they missed my presence, because i was always able to start a discussion.. So i did take that as a compliment. 

To express, maybe again, I do  feel i can get better at knowing where it is good to be critical and where i can nip it , my thoughts going rampant,  in the bud.

And i like my critical thoughts to be just that; knowing that one way or another is not good or bad, or false or true but just what it is. Which does bring me to the question what is the  truth anyway. I am sure since Socrates (or whoever mentioned it first) there has been a lot written about that.

I like to believe we all have our own truth. But that gets complicated, yet we see it all around us.

Dawn is upon us, i soon want to get ready for our morning walk.  Looking out of my window I think nobody will deny that  it is getting light outside, and we call that dawn.

The problem comes in when i feel that walks are good for me and my husband. For all i know maybe they keep us stuck in a pattern that is not very outgoing. And to a bit more outgoing would  maybe be very beneficial to our health. Now at break of day, we both start to get ready for a walk, mind you a habit i love and am very grateful for.  

Hey you know where it gets difficult for me, when people say without question , this IS good or bad. Why not say; for me it works at the moment.

So this writing here  (currently as in which i started up recently), of course was born out of frustration of me feeling bombarded with opinions that to me were neither true nor false, but were claimed to be so.  From now on when someone states a fact, i can choose to just listen to it, and appreciate that that is their fact. And here on this blog i will spew mine.

This afternoon i have an appointment with my astrologer. 

How is that for; whatever, if that works for you, that is great?



 

4 comments:

Eileen T said...

There's no denying that walking has many health benefits. Being outgoing ... do you mean being social and meeting with others? Well that has benefits as well. The ideal solution is to do both! xx

Bless said...

My health professionals have assured me that walking is good for us and I should do more of it. But, I do believe that we all have our own ideas about what is good and bad, what is true and false, and that one person's truth might not necessarily be another's truth (especially when it comes to religion, politics, etc.) I think that as long as we can agree that there might be differences and respect those differences, then, it is fine to have those differences. Hope the meeting with the astrologer went well. I grew up in a culture where everyone consulted an astrologer for just about everything! :)

MFH said...

Everything in Amerika is Black or White and the dogs are eager to use their jaws -- or better yet their AR-15s -- on anyone who disagrees.

I like to practice rebuttals for things like Every-child-NEEDS-a-GUN and I want to have LOTS of children and adoption will never cross my (alleged) mind.

I hope -- a foolish and irrational alternate form of faith -- that something I say MIGHT help them think differently.

MFH said...

...addendum to my previous comment:

Or maybe even just think.